About Vintage Suzanis
- My Suzani Obsession began around 2010 when I started collecting these rich and vibrant bedspreads, coverlet, wall tapestries and tablecloths. Since an early age, young girls in families from Central Asia, have been taught the mastery of embroidery in order to follow the tradition to embroider their own wedding dowry.
- These remarkable beauties are truly a work of art, showing the time and dedication in the mastery of 'the needle" embroidery.
- Suzanis were made of several panels usually cotton or linen utilizing silk thread. They usually separated the panels so that the embroidery could be worked on by 2 girls at a time. They would start the process by drawing the pattern usually using ink pen, after that the panels would be sewn together to form the finished cloth.
- Most of my Suzani's that I am offering are in good condition, considering it is a One-of-a-Kind hand-crafted item. Some Suzani's are almost 50 years of rich history, which were cleaned and washed many times. If you too, are obsessed by the beautiful aesthetics of Vintage Textiles than here is your opportunity to own one at a very reasonable price. I will also be offering some Suzani's that can be re-purposed or used for upholstery. Although you may view the details in the photos like pen marks, small holes, stain/spot, unfinished designs or slight color mismatch, I have not described these used textiles in detail. However, if you have any questions regarding our Suzanis please contact me via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Unfortunately, if you change your mind and must return your Suzani, we will not be responsible for shipping back to us. Also, if you receive a refund the shipping charges (free shipping) that you obtained will be deducted from your refund.