- Regular Price:$539
- Uzbek Silk Handmade Suzanis give us an opportunity to have an insight into the old culture and traditions of this land. Such works of Art were prepared and used for ceremonial functions like wedding doweries, fittings for horsemen and their horses, and the general embellishment of reception rooms.
- Amazing and Inspiring floral Quilt Design of incredible intricacy. Bright Red Sturdy Cotton with Thick wool Couching stitch and Modern design
- Large and rather Bold, this Suzani would make a great Coverlet or Bedspread to your Sofa, daybed or Master bedroom!
- EXCELLENT condition! Never offered before.
- It takes more than one year for an Uzbek woman to accomplish the decorating of a single piece and considering today's wages, this art work is destined for oblivion.
- Southern Suzanis are much closer to the traditional nomad designs of the Kyrgyz and Uzbek who in pre-Islamic times worshipped the sun, moon & stars.
- Circa: 2nd half of the 20th Century( 1970-1980)
- Size: 9.5 x 5.1