SOLD OUT‼️MOROCCAN TRIBAL KILIM| Baby Wool Vintage Flat weave| Hand - Knotted| Sumouk| DENIM|4.2'x 3.8'
- Moroccan vintage tribal Kilim rug, handwoven by Berber women in Morocco.
- Great mix of organic wool and cotton in bright colors with flat-weaves.
- This kind of rug is typical of the Glaoui tribes of Morocco.
- Naif design of rich symbols and geometric designs
- Great North African Folk Art tribal carpet.
- Size: 3.8 x 4.2
- Colors: Hand knotted in Denim Blue
- Circa: late 1980s.
- Great to use as a wall hanging tapestry from both sides.
- Great piece of Folk Art North African textile.
- Care Instructions
- To clean your rug of spills, firmly press a clean cloth onto the area to absorb as much liquid as possible. Avoid rubbing or stroking as this can set the stain deeper into the rug. For general maintenance of your rug, carefully vacuum on a low power setting. Professional cleaning is the preferred and recommended method for stains. Using a rug pad is also recommended to extend the life of your rug
- The rug motifs you will see often include:
- Tafenzad: looks like a line of bow ties
- Hatif: a design of triangles made up of lots of smaller triangles
- Menshar (meaning ‘saw’): a toothed zig zag design
- Taxalalt: a motif based on the design of a brooch used to fasten traditional women’s clothes
- Snan Izajel (meaning ‘calf’s teeth’): a design made u of small ‘x’s’