SOLD OUT ‼️AFGHANI WOOL RUG| Baluchi |AZITA| Authentic Hand Knotted| 4.1' x 2.5'
- Afghani Balouch rug hand woven from 100% natural wool.
- Low pile perfect for small spaces or unique installations such as table tops or wall hangings!
- Beautiful colors dyed using natural vegetable dyes.
- Size: 4.1'x 2.5'( 49" x 30")
- Colors: Wine Tan Navy Green
- Handwoven by artisans of the Pashtun and Baluch tribes in Eastern Afghanistan
- Imported from Afghanistan and crafted using the finest weaving techniques
- Gorgeous design, clean and ready to be enjoyed
- Free Shipping with USA
- Care Instructions:To clean your rug of spills, firmly press a clean cloth onto the area to absorb as much liquid as possible. Avoid rubbing or stroking as this can set the stain deeper into the rug.
- For general maintenance of your rug, carefully vacuum on a low power setting. Professional cleaning is the preferred and recommended method for stains. Using a rug pad is also recommended to extend the life of your rug
- These rugs are hand-knotted by the nomads of Balouch. Balouch or Baluchistan is the area between the borders of Iran, Pakistan, and Afghanistan. Therefore, they are said to be a mixture of three different regions.
- These rugs were originally made as prayer rugs, area carpets for serving food and sometimes as animal covers or furnishings. The materials commonly used in the Baluch rugs are cotton, wool, and occasionally goat or camel hairs.
- Woven with asymmetrical knots, most of these rugs have a knot count over 100+ KPSI.
- A normal area sized rug can take up to ten months to make, with four or five weavers working almost six hours every day.
- All Balouch rugs have a heavy use of black outlines and black shades making the original shades of colors used even darker. One of the unique characteristics of Balouch rugs is the repetition of a singular pattern all over the rugs.
- They normally used geometrical motifs consisting of hexagons, rectangles, and triangles to create an amazing visual effect.